CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 6, 2009

The N's

So, as I was driving home from Target today, I realized that alot of my music preference could be summed up to the 'N' section of my albums.  


N.W.A.
Neptunes Presents- The Clones
Nevermind
New Amerykah - Part One
The New Danger
Notorious

What surprised me tho, was finding out that they put Biggie's son on one of the One More Chance remix.  He's really just reciting his dad's lyrics, filling in.  But I still think that this shows a real problem.  While I do think that it's great that they're not trying to hide the errors of BIG and his lifestyle from his children, I don't think that the best way to connect the son to the father should be to expose him to his father's lyrics.  The boy's still young.  He played his father as a boy in the movie.

Basic point: I don't like that they put him on the song.  He's still a boy.  I feel that there's thing big problem with people glorifying rap music so much that they introduce young kids to content they really shouldn't be exposed to at such a young age.  May young Chris Wallace would have been introduced to the things his dad rapped about while walking around the neighborhood, or watching television, but promoting the lyrics by allowing the son to rap about them, is ridiculous.  I'll try to post the song.  I'm new to this blog thing, but i'll figure it out

0 comments: