CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In history class...

yep.  I'm writing this in history class....


We're talking about the Civil Rights Movement...

I find it kind of amusing in realizing how I felt about things back in high shcool, and how I feel about them now.  For example, last week we discussed W.E.B. DuBois and Booker T. Washington.  In high school, I was the strongest supporter of DuBois's ideas.  But now, after coming to Morehouse, I realize that I've really adopted some aspects of Booker T. Washington.  While I don't believe in giving up political rights, I do believe that Blacks need to establish some sort of wealth in order to get respect in America.  With that wealth will come significant political power.  I don't necessarily feel that a Talented Tenth would get respect for the whole race.  While Barack Obama and several other extremely successful people in America have gained some respect for the race, Blacks are still subject to discrimination.

So anyways...
School's coming to a close.  There are lots of parties over the next couple of days.  The library's been packed with people lately, and it's only going to get worse when people can study...or not study...around the clock.  I've tried to not become stressed over my grades.  I think I'll do somewhat well.

Until next time...


0 comments: